Thank you Stephanie for the Friday Writing Prompt! Today’s writing prompt was inspired by one of my favorite authors on writing Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones (I am currently reading her book, Wild Minds). For today’s writing prompt, just take a breath and start writing, bring the moment you’re in to conscious life.
I am sitting at my office desk. Writing is preferred, but typing provides me with the disguise of appearing to be engaged in the interest of my employer, rather than that of my own. Placed on top of the computer docking station, is a magazine clipping that never made it to my vision board which states, “You are here” it is my compass back into the present moment.
Discussions of both business and pleasure blend while traveling throughout the hallway. Harmonic praises fills the space around me, as periodically, I tune into the radio frequencies for intentional inspiration and hope to help keep my thoughts centered…as they often leap from better to worse…while anticipating the best….yet to come.
But now is not the time nor place for daydreaming…for I’ve made an agreement to sell my time by the hour, towards the building of an empire….that has nothing to do with me, nor my purpose.
And though my dreaded presence accompanies me, the visible affirmations throughout my office lend me peace with where I am.
My thoughts now drift to the upcoming Labor Day weekend, and my brief reunion with my husband. In which interludes last longer than the episode, though the tenderness of his kiss lingers just long enough….or for as long as it is requested to.
“My life is not my own, to You I belong, I give myself, I give myself to You” ….I mentally sing along, because I like this song, as it reminds me to surrender, and just be…as with the thought of possibly conceiving our 1st child together next week…finally, I will be ovulating during our next short lived era. And so for the moment, he’s stopped drinking, and I’ve been overdosing on Raspberry Leaf tea, while mentally proclaiming my readiness to conceive…my dreams ….
but now is not the time nor place for daydreaming.
A writer’s job is to make the ordinary come alive, to awaken ourselves to the specialness of simply being. ~Natalie Goldberg
- Weekend Prompting: Tell me where you are right now. (visibleandreal.wordpress.com)
- Responce to introduction – Writing Down the Bones (kstew15.wordpress.com)
- Response to Introduction – Writing Down the Bones (connoblog.wordpress.com)
- Response to “First Thoughts” and “Writing is not a McDonald’s Hamburger” -Writing Down the Bones (connoblog.wordpress.com)
- Top 50 Labor Day Weekend Events (thegypsynurse.com)
- Response to Introduction- Writing Down the Bones (welcometognarnia.wordpress.com)
- Do you work with #writingprompts ? (zaraawritingstory.wordpress.com)
- My Notebooks & I (run-a-bout.blogspot.com)
- 10 Writing Prompts pt. 16 (writingstruggles.com)